Sunday, March 18, 2007

Smiling Budha

When Buddha smiles again I am trembling
I always imagined
My mind as calm and peaceful as a meditating Buddha
But now when Buddha meditates I look for covers
Vultures start swooping down
Villages let out a groaning song,
which gets stuck under their spastic throat
The thunder of heaven flashes the world
Specialties sweep the ground
The land of our dead,
Now lit with neon lamps
is no more ours.

Take your shelter, my wounded human creature
Buddha is meditating once again.
Buddha speaks from the enlightenment
‘Colors do not exist’
‘History didn’t live’
Comrades from the past over an archipelago were all some hallucinations
Their bloodbath was only a sanctifier
for a colorless world.

[ This land is dead, colorless rotten with hollowness
Here exists no grave of our fathers
They are empty as our dream
The seeds are swollen with those empty wishes
Haunting winds just walk across the stunted soil.
]

Thus spake ,meditating Buddha
I wonder what films you adore
I wonder what poetry you appreciated!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

da maire manasikunna bhaashayilezhutheda... ippol urappayi ninekku sherikkum vattanennu

Unknown said...

hola comrade, smilin buddha is reflexive of the afghan buddha statues,or the indian nuk project, i guess. you had one on it long back. the smile of the current buddha, as you figure it, is a tad too sinister.