Sunday, April 1, 2007

Further on my change!

Once I wrote only about my nightmares
Why did I forget to mention all the sweet dreams?
My words filled with the anguish
Of a crippled leper, who denied all the alms
And shouted all at the empty streets.

In those days
Fragmented statements and bad prose
Invited the editors to revise them.
My words slept eternally in the ignominy of bins.

My friend opened the basket of guavas,
He searched for the scent of lost lusts.

‘Love conquers everything’
I found that scent back on the time warped web.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tis has a weird resonance of something from the past, that has also changed. amor vincit omnia. the basket of guavas, scent of lust is the line. the editor's bin, and rejections , i remember, your fears. this change is with age or losing strands of hair. comrade, you are turning moon headed!

ajay joy said...

I presume this anonymous is my own great poet friend . To tell frankly I rediscovered your poem on poetry.com and went though it. I felt like energised and revitalised, I could find new meaning to your words each time I read it.
My poems turned the corner after redicovering your poem. It had the scent , I believe you are still looking for. The innnocence of pursuing the love, sumptuous desire and the Sufi touch of your words.
I overlooked it when I read it 5 years back. But now I can smell it , live it.
Really man ,it was a great work with passion.
'Amor Vincit Omnia'

Also after hearing your new poem over phone , I realized it that you are searching for that scent. whether you admit it or not. I felt the tone and subtlelity smell of her , fragrance which calm you down;searching every where , every steps and what else.
Looking ahead to hear mor from you and expecting your poetry collection would reach me very soon.
Thanks Comrade for your comment. And please visit my world