Tuesday, April 3, 2007

On despair song!!

Last poem of mine (look I still sneer at myself to call that a poem!) was supposed to be a poem of despair . Well pre decided about the intention, however(use of but is not assertive!!) I hoped and prayed to the unknown source to let the words come through me.
Nothing happened. It was done in phase of two days. It didn’t carry any meaning either, just a reflection on my changing moods. Besiline , friend of mine had asked me to include his sign on the words of despair as he also wanted to tell some thing. But well I couldn’t do any justice to him nor my intentions. The mood of despair changed to a feel of comic, meaningless and wobbly. Then I realized one basic thing in my life , all I need is simple things in my life. A word of gentleness , a simple bye for assuring I was there with them, a tender look to acknowledge you don’t hate me!
Well here ends my soliloquy, to end with, let me say one thing. My last poem may be a bad work of slackness. But because your children are crippled or blind, will they feel less important to you? ( Words of A Ayyappan , my icon as a poet in initial days. Now no more I read him). I am jotting them down , word by word, sense or senseless, each imprints of my life onto the cyber strings to remind me further down the lane who I was .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am highly impressed with the verbosity and elegance at display here. your on the way to greater heights, man, I can see that. I can identify with your thoughts and emotions. These are the thoughts of a person who is taking a risk. A person who is afraid of leaving the comfort zone, and face the ruthless challenge ahead. I have gone through them myself.
But unlike you I was not brave enough to leave my comfort zone, the net of safety which currently holds me and strangulates me simultaneously.
I commend you for taking steps only a confident and brave man would take.

I am proud of you man. Wishing you best of luck in the future with all my heart. May your dreams come true.

ajay joy said...

Thanks my dear friend.
To tell the truth , although I had set my aim very clear infront of me even years back, last 6 months was all a peiod of dilemmas and waverings. Partly due to the nagging feeling about responsibility to my family.Shouldnt I give them a comfortable life , which needs absolutely more money. And to earn money legally I had to stay in this putrid dull lake of easy cash.But a call from my family really turned things aside. They said they didnt want anything from me and asked me to pursue what ever my passion was.
Thereafter I became a liberated man. But liberated means not irresponsible. I must share with this world my part of happiness and make it a better place. I know its more heavier than being in the comfort zone. But right now I feel like daring to do it.

Once again thanks to you anonymous reader of mine for your words that exhort me more and more towards realizing myself.