Friday, May 8, 2009

Chronicle of my love - (പ്രണയകാണ്ഡം- soliloquies in love)

These poems happened during Easter holidays Day 1 day 2 Day 3. First time, the spirit of a lonely tree possessed me. Some more tree poems are to follow. My love I am sure it was unconditional, as I always believed it should be.   

 Day 1 back home

Why do I wait for messages,

As if from the heaven above

A sign for each moment;

On my bluish mobile screen

Each beep, I hope in you.

 

One more night has passed

What do I still wait for?

For hope is eternal,

The wait for love, such long!

 

How do I know whether you are

A Realist or a romantic

A believer or a rationalist;

But I love this moment

And I become this moment

Peeling me away into

the nakedness of this moment.

 

 ****************************************************************

 

Day 2

How shall I love you?

Like an old tree yearning for the love

Of the sky seeking bird?

It will extend the arms for it

Will let the burns in the heart as the comforting nests,

Ask for nothing

But a silent plea to return

And fill the vacuum.

My love should be a soaring kite

Unattached by the string;

Still enjoying you in the expanse of sky

Hoping you will feel my shivering hands

And a heart that prays to the heaven.

Love should be set free, unfettered by conditions.

 

  

 

*************************************************************

 Day 3

This morning,

I saw the foot prints of a poet

In my courtyard,

In the bluish bit of morning sky,

Imprinted by the migratory birds of love!

 

 

**************************************

 

I don’t know

Whether these words will ever reach your hands;

Whether you will kiss my drenched words;

The warmth in a numbing frost;

A dew drop in my deserted wastelands!

 

***************************************


footline:  Such a doomsday prediction, my words never reached her :-( 


No comments: